AM PREP COOK
Methodology is a fun, exciting, fast growth, innovative food + tech + nutrition luxury meal delivery start-up and we are currently hiring for an AM Prep Cook. This role is perfect if you've previously excelled as prep cook, preferably in a high volume establishment or catering. Here at Methodology we plan, cook, and deliver customized, nutritious and beautifully prepared meals for our clients who prefer to eat clean and healthy in their everyday lives. We were recently rated PopSugar's favorite meal delivery service in the US! We also cater for some of the fastest growing tech start-ups in Silicon Valley. All of our meals are prepared without gluten, dairy, refined sugars, or processed ingredients.
This role is based in Concord, CA.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Prep Cook position is responsible for most of the cold food preparation.
- Dedicated, motivated and passionate about food
- Be able to multitask and working with a sense of urgency a must
- Have sharp attention to detail and organization
- Has good knife skills
- Demonstrates cleanliness, food safety and sanitation
- Preparing, washing, peeling, and/or cutting various food to be cooked or served
- If supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly, making sure Sous Chef or management is informed.
- Carrying equipment, food supplies, and utensils to and from work and storage areas
- Ensuring that all equipment, utensils, work areas, dishes are clean
- Ensuring that foods are properly stored and labeled in containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Keeping the prep area neat, clean and sanitary
- Following all sanitation guidelines
- Becoming familiar with new menu items/dishes
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.