JR SOUS CHEF
Methodology is a fun, exciting, fast growth, innovative food + tech + nutrition luxury meal delivery start-up and we are currently hiring for a Jr. Sous Chef. This role is perfect if you've previously excelled as a lead cook, preferably in a high volume establishment or catering. Here at Methodology we plan, cook, and deliver customized, nutritious and beautifully prepared meals for our clients who prefer to eat clean and healthy in their everyday lives. We were recently rated PopSugar's favorite meal delivery service in the US! We also cater for some of the fastest growing tech start-ups in Silicon Valley. All of our meals are customized to each client and prepared without gluten, dairy, or refined sugars.
This role is based in Concord, CA.
The Jr. Sous Chef position for Methodology is responsible for managing culinary objectives for our meal delivery program as well as corporate catering. Oversees and directs all aspects of the kitchen operation, providing functional assistance and direction, and coordinates functions and activities with Sous Chef, Executive Chef.
We offer weekly changing menus without gluten, dairy, or refined sugars for both our subscription and catering product so applicant will need to be extremely organized, nimble, eager to learn and forward thinking. Being able to integrate and operate with all facets of our business is a must. This includes our culinary team, management and office staff, logistics and operations. Due to client demands, needs and requests, our work schedule is highly fluid and flexibility is a must. The position is highly demanding, but incredibly rewarding. Being able to smoothly lead and direct in a professional manner is required. High standards are paramount. Will work directly with Executive Chef and Corporate Chef
A LITTLE ABOUT OUR CORPORATE CHEF
- 15+ years of work experience
- Ingenious when it comes to creating recipes focused on health without sacrificing taste
- Passionate about customer experience as well as creating nutrient dense meals
- Former Head Chef @ Cirque Du Soleil
- Former TV Chef Cook-Off Competitor and Finalist
- Food and operations focused, with attention to taste, presentation, plating prepared ready-to-eat meals.
- Instruct and teach proper food handling, production, storage, service and execution
- Keep all kitchen spaces to the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with local health codes
- Maintain purveyor relationships
- Schedule all staff and adhere to all payroll policies
- Recruit and train employees
- Lead new hires through training
- Oversee all kitchen operations
- Create and maintain purveyor relationships
- Maintain a focus on bringing in the best possible quality product while controlling cost
- Oversee and perform ordering, inventory and budgeting
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3+ years as a Cook, Sous Chef
- Culinary or hospitality degree preferred but a combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends. Ability to prepare a variety of cuisine, using skill and creatively to develop new and exciting market driven menus
- Previous responsibility for food purchasing, recipe standardization, production scheduling and inventory management.
- Must have exemplary communication and leadership skills
- Ability to conceptualize the company's mission
- Be able to effectively schedule a team of 10-15 employees
- Ability to build morale and spirit through an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Knowledge of Northern California seasonality and sourcing, product negotiation with vendors
- Passion for food and culinary creation, menu and recipe development
- Proven track record in the following functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, strong financial accountability, scheduling, record keeping and P&L reporting.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Think creatively with the paramount goal of customer satisfaction
- Display leadership and thrive in a high volume banquet or catering kitchen
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.