Catering Cook / Lead Catering Cook
Methodology is a fun, exciting, fast growth, innovative food + tech + nutrition luxury meal delivery start-up and we are currently hiring for a Catering Cook / Lead Catering Cook. This role is perfect if you've previously excelled as a lead cook, preferably in a high volume establishment or catering company. At Methodology we plan, cook, and deliver customized, nutritious and beautifully prepared meals for our clients who prefer to eat clean and healthy in their everyday lives. We were recently rated PopSugar's favorite meal delivery service in the US! We also cater for some of the fastest growing tech start-ups in Silicon Valley. All of our meals are customized to each client and prepared without gluten, dairy, or refined sugars. Our production kitchen is located in Concord, CA.
- Produce healthy and delicious meals to Methodology standards.
- Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables as required.
- Hiring for AM or PM Catering Cook
- Reports to Executive Chef
- Hours: 30-40 / week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Prior catering experience
- ServSafe certification
- Culinary School or Hospitality certification or work equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with co-workers
- Maintain HACCP program requirements
- Season and cook food according to recipes, taste.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.