Founded in 2015, Methodology is a top rated, premium healthy meal delivery and wellness company. We offer chef-designed “clean, custom, comfort food” through our weekly meal subscription service and cater to some of the hottest start-ups in the Bay Area. We're on a mission to change the way the world eats, for the better!
The Purchasing Manager Role
We're currently seeking a Purchasing Manager is to continuously improve the quality of the products we source while finding ways to bring down expenses. This is a central role in a bustling start up environment where things are constantly changing quickly. You’ll have the opportunity to work with members across all departments (Corporate, Culinary, Delivery, and Operations). This role is perfect if you love to building relationships with partners and analyzing numbers.
If you’re looking for a challenge and the chance to work with innovative folks working towards a central mission, we’d love to meet you. Looking to hire as soon as we find the right candidate.
Visit http://www.gomethodology.com/ to learn more.
You'll report to the VP Culinary.
This position located in our headquarters in Concord, CA.
- Set up granular tracking for food spend for R&D, meals, breakfasts, snacks, etc.
- Place orders for all food, equipment, and supplies needed for our culinary and operations teams
- Ensure the dirty dozen and jar ingredients are always purchased 100% organically
- Continuously increase the percentage of our ingredients that are sourced locally and/or organically
- Ensure no illegal ingredients are ever purchased
- Hit food spend targets for each product line as agreed upon with management
- Set up receiving process to ensure the product coming in meets our quality standards and is in the right quantity
- Set up granular tracking for equipment and packaging spend for food packaging (eg jars, meal containers, sauce containers), shipping packaging (eg cardboard boxes, ice), etc.
- Hit packaging spend targets for each product line as agreed upon with management
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to set up ongoing inventory management process and ensure we always have just enough -- but not too much -- inventory on hand at all times
- Continuously develop new relationships and partnerships that will help us source higher quality, more affordable, and/or more sustainable products and equipment
- Collaborate with bookkeeper to ensure all expenses are properly categorized
- Source co-packer for our jar line and ensure the product meets all quality, legal, and health standards
- Set up purchasing approval process and budgeting by department and role
Required Work Experience, Skills, and Education
- At least 2 years of full time purchasing experience in the food industry
- Analytical and savvy with numbers and Excel
- Strong attention to detail, nothing slips past you
- Resourceful: you hustle and get things done no matter what
- Self-starter and motivated: you're self-motivated and able to achieve your highest priority goals with little to no oversight
- Curious: you ask questions and want to understand how things work and why things are the way they are
- Flexible and comfortable with constant change
- Strong negotiator: able to get the best prices for us from all our vendors
- Relationship management: able to motivate our partners to do their best work for us
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter.