R&D Production Chef
Founded in 2015, Methodology is a top rated, premium healthy meal delivery and wellness company. We offer chef-designed “clean, custom, comfort food” through our weekly meal subscription service and cater to some of the hottest startups in the Bay Area. We're on a mission to change the way the world eats.
We're currently seeking a R&D Production Chef to join our dynamic team within our budding start-up environment. We are rapidly growing and currently expanding our kitchen right now. This is a central role in a bustling start up environment which you’ll have the opportunity to work with members across all departments (Brand, Culinary, Delivery, and Operations).
If you’re looking for a challenge and the chance to work with innovative and creative team, we’d love to meet you. Looking to hire as soon as we find the right candidate.
Visit http://www.gomethodology.com/ to learn more.
The position is responsible for creating new “clean craveable comfort” menu items that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, and refined sugar. The R&D Chef will work with culinary department to understand consumer needs and operational parameters to create great dishes that can be executed for our meal delivery service. The chef will research and obtain quality products, implement cost saving initiatives/avoidances, create and modify recipes.
Your Key Job Functions
- Menu development
- Leading kitchen production meetings to ensure culinary team can fully execute conceptualized menus according to recipes
- Sourcing with vendors
- Responsible for contributing, enforcing and adhering to the plant’s Food Safety & Quality Management Systems. This includes overseeing quality control facets of the operation to include compliance with GMP’s, SOP’s, and SSOP’s and all HACCP paperwork and verification.
- Organize and conduct product/recipes analysis, food product tastings and presentations
- Create and modify existing recipes related to new technology and equipment specifications
- Create new and modify existing recipes as needed to maintain the culinary relevance of the operation
- Partner with the following teams: Culinary Production Operations, Engineering and Marketing to design recipes that meet all required operational, food safety, quality and marketing needs
- Manage day to day activities of chefs and culinary assistants, instruct line level staff how to reproduce recipes accurately at scale
- Maintain professional relationships and process familiarity with key vendors
- Conduct presentations with the newly created new school food and communicate effectively with all internal departments
What You Bring to the Team
- Culinary degree, Business Degree or similar role in a food manufacturing facility preferred
- Expert knowledge of American Regional and International food styles and trends
- Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian helpful
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience as a chef
- Staff Management
- This position requires the ability to lead through example and requires the individual to be a team player with other departments. Consistent and timely communications with other departments is required
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all research and development personnel
- Supervise and manage culinary performance to include new hire training, continual training, and retraining to meet operational goals
- Promote cooperation and teamwork through effective communication, training, and mentoring of staff to be able to execute menus
- Join early, we're a rapidly growing start up!
- Profit sharing or stock option grants
- Generous meal discounts
- Collaborative work environment with strong
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.