Senior Product Manager
If you love food and wellness and and want to join our mission to end lifestyle and auto-immune disease, then we'd love to meet you. We're hiring our first full time product manager who will own all tech product management projects, including improving our onramp and onboarding and launching our educational SAAS-based nutrition programs, like our Gut Health Program.
This role is remote as our tech team is spread out across the country, so you'll work from home (though we're open to renting co-working space for you if you need that to be productive).
If you're currently at a large tech company and are tired of the bureaucracy and how slow-moving everything is, you'll love joining our nimble team. We've worked together for nearly 8 years, so you're joining a team that gets along extremely well and has a high degree of mutual respect and trust.
In this role, your work will have a major impact on:
- A product that's a key part of our customers' everyday lives and empowers them to feel their absolute best every day
- The effectiveness of our product in helping customers stay engaged in order to achieve their wellness goals
- Attracting new customers motivated to change their lives through consistent, healthy eating
- Translating complex business ideas and goals into products with high attention to detail that illustrate simplicity and sound functionality
- Helping spread awareness and education throughout America about food as medicine
- Improve our technology at every part of the customer lifecycle as well as the tech we've built to support our internal customer support, operations, and culinary teams
- Develop innovative digital education products that can be used by anyone in the country, regardless of whether they can get our food
- Mange our tech backlog by writing and prioritizing all engineering stories
- Analyze data to ensure our decisions and prioritization are not only intuitive but backed by sound data analysis
- Ensure our product roadmap moves along quickly enough to hit our key deadlines
- Ensure the engineers and designers understand the context behind the work that you ask them to do
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have at least 4 years of product management experience at a tech company
- Able to write clear and accurate stories for an engineering backlog
- Your background is very strong either on the technical side or the user experience design side (we are looking for a product person for this role, not a marketer)
- Highly analytical and able to easily analyze data sets in Excel
- Possess deep curiosity about the principles of nutrition, health and wellness
- Highly collaborative with team orientation; always defaults to "we" over "me"
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with minimal guidance and oversight; is an exceptional creative problem solver
- Decisive, action-oriented, scrappy and resourceful
- Is highly empathic and committed to "do the most good for the most people"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where everyone is expected to make a big impact
- Flexible, well-organized and able to manage a high-volume workload and numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and help people live healthier, more vibrant lives
- A collaborative team environment where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to, work with and learn from other smart people
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive health, dental, and vision
- Plentiful vacation and holidays
- Able to work remotely from anywhere
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Julie Nguyen.