Senior UX / UI Designer
If you love food and wellness and and want to bring stunning design to food and e-commerce, then we'd love to meet you. We're hiring our first in-house designer who will own all design projects across the company, including user experience, interface design, visual design, and brand identity. It's one of the few roles out there where you get to work with a truly sensual product in both digital and physical realms. You'll own design for the entire user experience and report to the CEO. A true dream job for the right designer!
This role will be based in San Francisco, CA but we are open to hiring someone to work remotely if they're totally badass.
If you're currently at a large tech company and are tired of the bureaucracy and how slow-moving everything is, you'll love joining our nimble team. We've worked together for nearly 8 years, so you're joining a team that gets along extremely well and has a high degree of mutual respect and trust.
In this role, your work will have a major impact on:
- A product that's a key part of our customers' everyday lives and empowers them to feel their absolute best every day
- The effectiveness of our product in helping customers stay engaged in order to achieve their wellness goals
- Attracting new customers motivated to change their lives through consistent, healthy eating
- Translating complex business ideas and goals into products with high attention to detail that illustrate simplicity and sound functionality
- Define and improve our brand design and ensure that every touchpoint of our user experience builds our brand
- Design all parts of our product: meal packaging, coolers, swag, gifts, snack packaging, supplement packaging, and web app
- Own the entire product design process from beginning to end, including clarifying goals and strategies, designing and iterating based on feedback, and polishing the final designs to prepare for production or development
- Conduct user tests, face-to-face interviews, and field research to better understand our customers' needs and pain points
- Create user personas that can applied to brainstorming and design prototyping
In the first 6 months you will:
- Hit the ground running and make immediate contributions to build and expand on our product, visual designs and brand identity
- Gain a deep understanding of and become an advocate for our target consumer, with consideration of our future goals and expansion of our target portfolio
- Leverage qualitative feedback from members and quantitative feedback from analytics to inform and iterate the product, features and flows to improve the member experience and ultimately their health outcomes
- Create visuals and content that achieves the business and communications strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to make meaningful contributions with minimal guidance and oversight
- Collaborate effectively with others to develop and deliver new concepts for engaging prospects and users through content modules of all forms - copy, video, audio, photography, print, packaging, and more
- Develop and hone brand identity
- Maintain style guide and ensure consistency for all design executions
- Hold a strong understanding of the business model long-term goals to achieve today's objectives while planning for the future
Desired Skills and Experience:
- UX/UI experience building web consumer products/services and keeps current on the latest UX design trends and developments
- You have an eye for premium physical packaging design and layout design for print
- Excellent photographer, especially with food photography taken in a fashionable, lifestyle branded way
- Exceptional visual design and UI skills and always designs for our target users
- Experience with fast-paced agile development processes
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, ability to prototype quickly and able to quickly learn new tools
- Possess deep curiosity about the principles of nutrition, health and wellness
- Highly collaborative with team orientation; always defaults to "we" over "me."
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with minimal guidance and oversight; is an exceptional creative problem solver.
- Decisive, action-oriented, scrappy and resourceful.
- Is highly empathic and committed to "do the most good for the most people"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where everyone is expected to make a big impact.
- Flexible, well-organized and able to manage a high-volume workload and numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and help people live healthier, more vibrant lives
- A collaborative team environment where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to, work with and learn from other smart people
- An employee fridge stocked with Methodology
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive health, dental, and vision
- Plentiful vacation and holidays
How to apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link to email@example.com, attn: Julie Nguyen.