Founded in 2015, Methodology is a top rated, premium healthy meal delivery and wellness company. We offer chef-designed “clean, custom, comfort food” through our weekly meal subscription service and cater to some of the hottest startups in the Bay Area. We truly believe in changing the way the world eats.
We are currently seeking a Sous Chef to join our dynamic team within our budding start-up environment. We are quickly growing are currently expanding our kitchen. This is a central role in a bustling start up environment which you’ll have the opportunity to work with members across all departments (Corporate, Culinary, Delivery, and Operations)
If you’re looking for a challenge and the chance to work with innovative folks working towards a central mission, we’d love to meet you. Looking to hire as soon as we find the right candidate.
Visit http://www.gomethodology.com/ to learn more.
The Sous Chef is a working chef position and will report to our VP of Culinary. Our Sous Chef will be responsible for managing culinary operations for our meal delivery program as well as assist with corporate catering. Key responsibilities include demonstrating culinary leadership, decision-making that impacts the operation to the successful delivery of business objectives that align with the company and the client’s expectations. The Sous Chef is the operations leader for all food programs, providing strong leadership, strategic planning and execution. The Sous Chef will understand and follow Methodology client culture, as well as guidelines while focusing on culinary standards that include managing daily operations, financial awareness to culinary strategies while following safety and quality assurance guidelines. Other areas include adhering to local and company health department regulations, human resource policies, and Methodology standards and expectations of food quality, freshness, and presentation.
We offer weekly changing menus for both our subscription and catering product so applicant will need to be extremely organized, nimble, and forward thinking. Being able to integrate and operate with all facets of our business is a must. This includes our culinary team, management and office staff, logistics and operations. Due to client demands, needs and requests, our work schedule is highly fluid and flexibility is a must. The position is highly demanding, but incredibly rewarding. Being able to smoothly lead and direct in a professional manner is required. High standards are paramount.
- Food and operations focused, with attention to taste, presentation, plating prepared ready-to-eat meals.
- Will help us scale to 15,000 meals/week while maintaining quality and consistency. We utilize a weekly meal rating system where we get direct rating feedback from nearly 20% of our clients.
- Recipe development and scaling with Executive Sous Chef, VP Culinary
- Instruct and teach proper food handling, production, storage, service and execution
- Keep all kitchen spaces to the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with local health codes
- Maintain purveyor relationships
- Schedule staff and adhere to all payroll policies
- Recruit and train employees
- Lead new hires through training
- Oversee all kitchen operations
- Create and maintain purveyor relationships
- Maintain a focus on bringing in the best possible quality product while controlling cost
- Oversee and perform ordering, inventory and budgeting
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager in a Catering, food manufacturing, or high volume environment
- Minimum 3+ years working with high volume production kitchen equipment such as steam kettles, tilt skillets
- Must have experience with recipe scaling and standardization
- Culinary or hospitality degree preferred but a combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
- Previous responsibility for food purchasing, production scheduling and inventory management.
- Must have exemplary communication and leadership skills
- Ability to conceptualize the company's mission and drive results
- Be able to effectively schedule a team of 12-20 employees
- Ability to build morale and spirit through an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with scalable processes always in mind.
- Passion for food and culinary creation, menu and recipe development
- Proven track record in the following functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, strong financial accountability, scheduling
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Think creatively with the paramount goal of customer satisfaction
- Display leadership and thrive in a high volume banquet or catering kitchen
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.